Kerana dirimu amat berharga

Thursday, November 27, 2008

D24

I'm sure most Malaysians knew what we are referring to when we mention D24. It is a type of durian that commonly produce in Malaysia not only for local market but also for export. While shopping some groceries at Lakemba Halal Market, a mini market owned by fellow Indonesians, I found the D24 in the freezer section. As a ‘hantu durian’, I was very delighted and bought it to see how it tastes like. You don even have to ‘kopek’ the skin as it was carefully packed in the plastic wrap. What you have to do is just put it in the microwave for a minute and wallah, the durian is ready to be enjoyed. Is was not frustrating at all, the taste and smell was there. Only the thrill of opening the skin that you’ll miss. However, with the price of $8.50 a box, and you will get only 5-6 pieces, I can't really enjoy it until I'm full enough with durian. Well, wait till I'm back in malaysia...

Talking about durian, terms always used to describe a durian are mangkar, kucing tidur, ganja, durian tembaga, and many more. It is always fascinating to learn that people have different terms referring to durian. I always missed my childhood time during the fruit season. We went to dusuns belong to somebody related to the family, but as a kid, who cares. We just want to eat fruits and enjoy mandi sungai or air terjun. It's fun to be a kid though huh!






Before I Started Writing...

It was 11am. The house was so quiet you can hear the clocks ticking with different pace and sound. Suddenly I heard a sound in the living room, like something was moving. I slowly got up from my chair in my room and peek to the front.

I can’t see anything, moved out of the room and stand near the dining table. I saw Aiman’s RC car’s light blinking. Then it started to shake. I looked around, thinking that someone was in the house. Heart was beating faster, adrenalin all over me, ready to fight or flight. The door was closed. Windows closed.

Then suddenly the car moved forward, almost fell down from the shelf. With a drumming heart, I pushed myself to grab the car. The switch was on. I switched it off. Opened the drawer nearby as I was sure the remote control was there, and there it was. What’s happening?

The TV did something similar a few times before. While it was in standby mode, suddenly the voice came out, but not the pictures. It stays a few moments before it went off back. Now I just turn the main switch off if it is not in use. Funny huh, or is it creepy? So did some toys of Aiman. Sometimes when you wake up at night to go to the toilet, the toys make sounds.

I guess it is because of the interference or waves around us that we can’t see. Nothing to be afraid of.

4 comments:

  1. hehee... still boleh justify kenapa mereka itu berbunyi/bergerak/menyala. Unless kalau kereta kayuh atau kereta kecik2 tu gerak sendiri... errr... camana elyn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...sungguh x-files........jeng jeng jeng

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this
    site with us so I came to take a look. I'm definitely enjoying the
    information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to
    my followers! Terrific blog and amazing design.

    Have a look at my blog: Las Vegas Microwave Repairman

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails