Kerana dirimu amat berharga

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Two hundred and fifty three

Two hundred and fifty three days more to go before I am MERDEKA, even not fully free as there might be some correction to do subsequently after you submit your thesis.

Looking at the figure, 253 seems not a very long time from now. We celebrate Raya every year, so does Christmas holiday, New Year, and also Ramadan. In most cases we normally feel like ‘aik, rasa baru je sambut posa dah nak posa lagi’, or ‘it’s already new year?”. And 253 days is a lot less than a year. Hmm… I’m sure the time will fly fast and without realizing it I am at the school office, handing over my thesis. Fuh, ‘lega!’. Can’t wait till that moment...

Well that is the joyful ending I am looking forward to, but the road to a happy ending does not always full with happy lovely things, and quite more often than not packed with pricking thorns and sad moments and headache, heartburn and tearing eyes. Sometimes you feel like full of shit, absolute dumb, other times you are the brilliant scientist. Mental block, writer’s block and whatever blocks and barriers they have are all the way down the road, not to mention road blocks. Like it or not, the story plot is quite similar for everyone doing research study. It is like a Hindi film though, you’re somewhat happy in the beginning, than the scenario changes, one after another obstacles come up, and for those who are stronger and fight back, usually the heroes, will win and claim the prize at the end.

So in order to be the hero, I guess I just need to be strong, fight back and go with the flow. With 253 days left, I feel like there are a lot of thing I need to accomplish. Juggling between study and life is not an easy task. I used to think why I can complete my master on time, but this PhD has dragged quite significantly. I assume that I am the same me, but in totally different situation, responsibilities and place. It is like chalk and cheese.

I completely aware that nobody can straight away create a well written piece of writing without starting with a humble paragraph full of mistakes. Keep on moving and don’t stop learning. One presenter did say in a seminar, “Get it written first, then get it right.”

Dear me...

2 comments:

  1. good luck.. u can do it bebeh

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks dear. Just finished meeting with my svs. well, seems like more and more to do towards the end of my study. Met a fellow malaysian from UMS who just submitted her thesis. same old story, 'phd is not a joke', 'struggled', 'tension', bla bla bla.

    till i get to that point i can tell the same story to others...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails